BA (Hons) MSc
Jo has always had an interest in buildings and their environmental aspects, having renovated several properties with her husband.
In 2010, Jo began studying for an MSc in Architecture: Advance Environmental & Energy Studies at the Centre for Alternative Technology in Wales, which she passed with distinction.
It was whilst studying that Jo became interested in the PassivHaus standard, which is a proven method of building comfortable and healthy buildings with an extremely low energy demand (about 90% less than conventional buildings).
Having been part of the Manifest team for two years, Jo is currently studying to be a PassivHaus consultant.
Jo is a keen gardener and enjoys the challenge of achieving year-round interest in the garden. She also likes walking with her family, especially in the Lake District.
- An in-depth knowledge of the PassivHaus standard.
- A good understanding of renovating and retrofitting buildings, both historic and modern.
- An excellent understanding of building science and physics.
- Ecological building materials for old and modern buildings.
- The benefits of a healthy indoor environment for occupants.
- Reducing the energy demand of buildings.